"I blog therefore I am"

  

May 23, 2010

ECO WARRIOR


I must confess to you I am no Eco-warrior however it has been my conscious effort to reduce as much as possible my carbon footprint in developing my beekeeping.
Hive building was to be the key area for this activity I am now building what I think is the most carbon neutral hive I can, topbar, yes I know I was going with Dartington hives but the amount of ply wood involved just made me gasp, big carbon foot print.Instead I am now using recycled wood, very few fixings and a lot of hand sawing,I have allowed myself to use a battery drill/driver and my band-saw but that will be all the power tools I will use.
So next stage is roof building and covering material considerations assuming my new "Eco-warrior" stance I am not sure what to use yet but I will post when I know.
Please check out the link HERE it takes you to an interesting site about reducing your carbon footprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment